Pages

Subscribe:

6.08.2009

The Series on Monday

This (never ending) story is true. Happened to me between 2002 and 2007.

Refresh Yourself

Part 12

JD and I had planned much of our summer together, ahead of time. Two weekends after his visit, I was supposed to spend a weekend with him and his family. A week went by and I heard nothing from him. It took a lot of will power to not call or e-mail him. I just wanted to know that he was thinking about me and that he would call me back.

The second week was harder than the first. Half way through, I gave up waiting and sent him a text message with a made up story about having to get confirmation on our plans for that weekend so I could tell my mother. He immediately called me back. He sounded irritated. He told me that he knew I knew that our plans were still on and that he would call me that Thursday, as he had been planning to do, to set up times and specifics.

I went down to visit him and our weekend was great. He told me that the 2 weeks we didn’t speak were really hard for him, too. I had a hard time believing that it was anything close to hard, but it made me feel good to hear him say that, so I accepted it. However, I wanted him to know what it really was like to have someone say they didn’t want to speak to you. So as I left him that Sunday, I told him that I needed a break as well. I told him I’d call him when I was ready.

My will to resist him, in almost every way, was non-existent. I made it 2 days and caved. When he picked up, he sounded surprised. I told him that I thought about all I needed to and didn’t see any reason to drag out the inevitable.

It was a rough summer with him. I had all these feelings and had gone through all these emotions that I’d never experienced before. I thought, coming out of it, we were stronger and closer. I loved him and could even see myself with him for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now open to everyone! Leave a comment -- let me know what you think.